The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which came into effect on 25th May 2018 replaces previous data privacy laws, giving more rights to you as an individual and more obligations to organisations holding your personal data.
One of the rights is a right to be informed, which means we are required to give you even more information than we do now, about the way in which we use, share and store your personal data.
1. Information about cookies
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that, if you agree to their use, is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or device. They contain information that is transferred to your hard drive.
The cookies that we could use can be split into the following categories:
- Necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into parts of the website.
- Analytical cookies. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to the website and to see how they move around within the website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
2. The cookies we use
We use the following cookies:
First party cookies
These are cookies that may be controlled and set by us on this domain, used to provide site functionality and optimisation.
|wordpress_test_cookie||Set and used by WordPress to test for cookie capability|
Third party cookies
These are cookies that may be controlled and set by external services / tools, used to enhance our site and provide usage information.
|_ga, _gat, _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmt, _utmv, _utmz||Set and used by Google Analytics to track user activity|
3. How you can block cookies
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. Click here for instructions for your specific browser.
However, please be aware that blocking cookies may affect your ability to use the website. In particular, you may not be able to access all or parts of the website or use the functionalities contained on it.
Who are Revolution Fitness Academy Ltd?
Revolution Fitness Academy Ltd (which will be referred to as Revolution Fitness, We or Us in this document) is a new breed of health system. We focus on improving our clients health, confidence, confidence with nutrition, longevity and ultimately happiness.
When and What Data will we hold?
To operate effectively we need to hold the following types of personal data:
- Contact details when enquiring about our products and services
- Contact details when placing orders (delivery and invoicing address)
- Contact details when raising a complaint
- Data you have given Third Parties your consent to share with us
- Data you provide if you chose to complete a survey
- Data related to viewing or using our website (e.g. cookies, e-mail and password)
- Data related to the use of social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter)
Consent will be sought as a matter of course. If you choose to not permit the use of personal data it may impact our ability to provide our products and services.
Data will only be shared if consent has been obtained or if there are legal obligations that require us to do so (e.g. fraud prevention).
Managing Your Personal Data
At any time you can request further information or perform any of the following:
- Request access to the personal data we hold about you (this may be subject to a charge)
- Request that your personal data is updated or corrected
- Stop the use of your personal data
- Change your consent related to your personal data
- Change web-site information (unsubscribe)
For any of the above, please contact Revolution Fitness by email using the following address:
Note: We will only undertake a request when we have confirmed your identity.
Links to other websites
If you have any concerns related to the way we use your personal data, you can contact the Information Commissioners Office (ICO):
Phone: 0303 123 1113